Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Monday, December 21, 2009

concentration #12

WootnessXD I'm done! ok last concentration i spent two weeks on this sucker. so it better be good. I was originally going to have the girl putting the puzzle together. but the idea evolved and this was the result. the puzzle part didn't actually take to long after my experience with puzzle pieces in my last work I've kinda got the hang it. all the objects on the ground are objects from my room except the pink dress(but i do have fairy wings) a couple of the pieces weren't working for me so i cut them out and redrew some things but all in all I'm happy. Now back to sleep......i mean work.....

4 comments:

  1. Wow sarah this is really awesome! You have improved astronomically with the last 2-3 pieces. I love the puzzle piece idea--it adds design to the work. I also think it's really interesting that you chose to have the realistic part of the piece be the imagined you, while the puzzle is the real you. This really makes a statement..like how you are defined by your imagination or something like that. Really great conceptually, a fine way to finish your concentration. We're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is different from your other pieces because the imaginary is kind of the emphasis and the real world is the less emphasized part. I like that transition for your last piece. I also like the puzzle pieces because it adds a structure and some excitement to the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your absolute best piece! so imaginative, I love it! I love that you made the realistic girl (possibly you) out of puzzle pieces while the imaginary fairy is seemingly realistic. The ideas behind this piece seem as if you carefully thought through this idea- great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah,
    Wow, you have really gotten better. I really like how you added the puzzle pieces, it makes the whole picture worth looking at (I'm not being mean). I like how you also added the fairy. I think you did a really good job I will just suggest that you make the trasition between the grass and the blue background on the left a little more subtle. It will look bettter than if it just cut off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete