Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

concentration #11

This image is a lot bigger than what I'm used to. I had the idea for something like this for awhile now. I really wanted to concentrate on transformation of the imagination. Instead of using my regular watercolors i used markers and other types of paint. I tried to make the colors softer and the lines crisp. I still don't know about the castle or that white space that's really bugging me but this is probably my best piece.

3 comments:

  1. I like how the left side of the composition is less developed than the right. It gives the piece some balance. I like where this takes your concentration because it develops your idea further I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is one of your best- I love the transition from realism to fantasy. Although I wish you would add more branches extending from her hair, the composition is pretty good. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You are taking greater risks and seem to be doing a much better job getting your thoughts out onto paper in a visually cohesive manner. I know everyone in the class was very happy to see this large piece that was much more expressive!

    ReplyDelete