Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Friday, September 11, 2009

#1

the first piece in my concentration shows what happens when you don't pay attention to your work. It eats you.......well in this case I just wanted to illustrate artists interacting with their work on a more fanatical level. I used water color pencils,water colors, and ink to make this work "pop" out a little more.

3 comments:

  1. I love the imagination in this piece! I think your idea as a whole for your concentration is really interesting and fun. The colors are great and the contrast you added definitely helped the piece stand out. I like where you're going, can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    Nice work. Your illustration skills continue to improve and I like how you pushed the contrast in this piece at the end. I still would work back into it with some Sharpie or sharpened pencil to further create a push and pull between hard and softer edges. I especially like how your imagination can be utilized in your concentration. This is important for you and is drawing on a great strength that you have! Bravo and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you might want to consider how you are going to frame out this drawing - with a border? How will you finish the edges? I would refer back to comic/graphic novel illustrations here as you might get some good ideas from some of your favorite illustrators.

    ReplyDelete