Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Concentration #7



















I love experimenting with nail polish :). I love the gloss effect it leaves behind coupled with the density of the substance. This is anxiety disorder where stress and worry are dominate. I wanted to use psychology further in my concentration so I used a rorschach design
and have it morph with the face. I want to push the feelings of stress and chaos through the structure. The balance is achieved through symmetry....kind of since I spray painted the faces on the paper.


3 comments:

  1. nice job. which one is your actual peice though? that youre going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Sarah! I really like the final pic you have posted the best! I think that it is by far more developed in terms of your imagery and mark-making and the fact that the face is hidden and not obvious makes it seem like the anxiety is taking over the person. You continue to do so well with your experimenting and risk-taking and with each drawing you continue to improve! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really see your thought process in this piece. You have gone from something simple to more and more complex ideas. But going off of what Philip said you should narrow down which one of these you want to use.

    ReplyDelete