Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Concentration #5


I wanted to concentrate on contrast in this piece so I used black matte board and started createing the high lights first. I used sharpie marker and spray paint for the clock work pieces. The dripping effect is due to the paint I used. Thanks Ryan for your help :)

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this piece. I love the drip texture that you do so well, and the incorporation of clock gears and the actual clock face is so creative and effective. I think the high contrast is very dramatic and fitting for insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job! I especially like the addition of the gears and the looseness of the lines as they trail off at the bottom. Very good problem-solving! I am proud of you! :)

    Mrs. Stone-Danahy

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeez louise this is by far your strongest yet. I have absolutely no criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and contrast in this is great! i love the dripping at the bottom! so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that we have decided in class that you will focus on mental chaos as the visual coherence between your mental disorders, I would like for you to revisit this image and modify it if necessary to focus not on insomnia but on.....? Or, is there a sense of mental chaos that is derived from insomnia and if so, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One last thought on this piece - consider adding just a partial gear at the bottom to convey a sense of gravity or a gravity structure to the gears? Since you are communicating a sense of gravity with the dripping paint - you might consider it in your background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Highlighting above the eyes just blew this piece out of the water AMAZING! Of course you had an amazing model to work with so would you expect any less? Haha Just kidding. I agree with SD i would add a gear at the bottom to show gravity in the piece.

    ReplyDelete