Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Concentration #3



Well here is bipolar disorder in all its sick glory. I wanted to make the sides contrast as much as possible, but still maintain the visual similarity in the sense that it was still the same person. By using prisma marker semi-transparent paper the paint bled through wonderfully and created drops on the more vexed side of the face. The structure was a bit of a challenge due to the Mono and pain killers that were fogging up my brain. In the end I just combined the structures to make the hair appear entangled.

2 comments:

  1. I am so bipolar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! You have a great concept to illustrate the bipolar disorder. I would however adjust a few things... continue to develop your background so that it is not an afterthought surrounding your portraits. I would also add more red into the head on the left to demonstrate how the disorder is overwhelming and to show it merging into the background thereby symbolizing the loss of identity and control. Develop the blue background on the right so that the portrait can stand out more in a peaceful, serene way from the background. You are doing a great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete