Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Concentration #9






Extreme Narcissism: where the subject craves constant attention and self glorification. The main focus for this piece had to be on emphasizing certain aspects of the face that people find appealing. To really drive the point home I added a mirror that encompasses the face like a frame. The next step will be capturing that mental insanity stirring in her cranium, which will be achieved through broken glass that will act as a structure with in the mirror.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the mirror helps me to see that its narcissim. I agree that maybe the face should not have dripps on it so it would look more "perfect". I think you did a great job drawing the woman though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! Are you going to have a hand holding the mirror? I would draw the head into the parts where the mirror is cracking so that it is obvious that you are demonstrating a reflection. Over break, I would like for you to go back and label each artwork with the main principle of art that you are demonstrating in each piece. I think this will help you "check off" that you are thinking through your ideas for a concentration in conjunction with the principles of design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goo work finishing this piece! Now that you have labeled your art with the principles of design, is there a common theme using a consistent principle in your art? If so, can you emphasize it even further in each artwork so that your investigation includes the focus on a particular principle of art?

    You did a nice job resolving this piece. Now, what will you do with the background? How can you include details of a portrait or space/place that give the viewer further clues into what you are trying to communicate?

    ReplyDelete