Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Friday, February 11, 2011

breath #2

With pastel and a little solvent I created illusionary space. Not sure if I'm a fan of the little orbs of color, but I'm happy with the color scheme and over all composition. I kind of drew from a previous piece and got the idea of buildings morphing into a circle.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah- Good job! Strong design and good use of color value and intensity to help demonstrate space. My only suggestion would be to further manipulate the orbs of color with greater intensity of color to help them look like they are coming towards the viewer. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how the colors show space and depth in this piece! the circles in the sides of the structure are a little distracting and don't seem to fall in place very well so maybe make them blend a little better

    ReplyDelete