Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Breath #3

In a cross breed of David Hockney and coffee I have created a photo montage. Looking at this with all the layers glued together I feel a need for(yes more caffeine) more photos of the different times of day.Right now it feels like all the photos are the same shade in the center.

3 comments:

  1. at first glance i thought the coffee beans were uncooked shrimp, so maybe go back into your photoshop and try and make it clear that the brown things are coffee beans and that its a picture of a cafe. other than that i think you did a really good job with this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- Good work on this assignment! I think you developed a much stronger vision for it after the class critique and I like the surrealist feel that this piece has to it. I have two suggestions...1) in the upper right hand corner, I would either blend the sky out or blend the brown pattern into the sky so that you have a softer transition - or, just take the sky out altogether. 2) I like the One Way sign and I think if you could do something similar to the Casanova's sign, it would help to make sense of why you have coffee beans in front. It would be a good visual "clue" to the viewer as to what your story is about in this work.
    Good job resolving this in Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try taking the coffee beans as a separate picture then photoshopping them into the picture of the coffee house. Great idea though, I like the idea of mixed media in this piece!

    ReplyDelete