Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Breath #4

For this piece I want to focus on the figure ground relationship, due to the nature of its size, and proportion/scale. By using the smaller blocks as a reference point I'm going to photoshop building blocks through out the great wall so the building blocks become the great wall.

3 comments:

  1. great job in developing the blocks and the kids more! i think it was a great idea to paint on the wall, i'm jealous! great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work on such a large scale is impressive. I like your background where the castle things are in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- Let's talk about this assignment. I'm not sure that it is a great fit into the design portfolio. As we discussed in the critique, it is a good painting but it is not necessarily dealing with design. For example, if you are truly pushing proportion or scale, you would want to investigate distortion or exaggeration to communicate the two principles more clearly. The figure/ground relationship is about how the elements within the composition deal with the edges of the picture plane. Is there something that you have planned that would further break up space in an interesting way and push the idea of the figure/ground relationship?

    ReplyDelete