Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Monday, March 21, 2011

breath #7


For this piece I want to focus on the pop art style by Shepard ( the famous guy who created the giant OBEY sticker) I have this idea of recreating this photo of mine as an illustration where the blue rockem robot Punch's the red one and the head goes beyond the frame.

3 comments:

  1. this is a really cool idea! i'm confused if this is your final image or if this is still your idea and you are going to draw it because i remember you said something like that in class? great idea with the boxers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good!! I wish you would work more in class so we could give you feedback and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah- I think you have a great start to this piece and I would want you to consider what you want the final result to be more fully. If you are basing your work on Shepard's work- his style is directly influenced from early propaganda artworks (specifically Russian Communism). If that is the case, then I would want for you to reconsider what message you are trying to convey in this piece and how can you use the graphic designs of Shepard to more fully influence your work?
    If you are basing your work on Pop Art then perhaps you would want to take a closer look at Lichtenstein to make a more humorous statement using the Rock'em Socke'em robots?

    This artwork is interesting but I'm not sure you have fully developed your ideas about it yet? Perhaps we can discuss this in class so that you can figure out what where you want to go with it. It has the potential to be great!

    ReplyDelete