Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

breath #8


I love the idea of balance through perfect symmetry. The photos in the back create an interesting contrast and invented texture. I have a ton of different versions of this piece with different patterns, pages, and some portraits.

3 comments:

  1. this is really cool! i would like to see the different versions you have so that you can get more feedback from the class on which one you should choose. this piece also has good content, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel lame but I don't get it... is the yearbook supposed to be related to your piece. maybe put up more of your other pictures like other experiments and stuff. it does look very interesting and I like the piece as a whole :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- You have an interesting idea with this assignment. I like the idea that the paint is splattered between book pages. However, I think that in order for this piece to be about something, I would like to see it more personal. Rather than choosing a random section of the yearbook, why not include a page with you in it? And, then why not layer on top of that the paint splatter that also has your portrait in it? Do you see where I am going with this? Make your artwork personal and give the viewer a story to which you dole out the visual clues.

    ReplyDelete