Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

#9

I used this still life to break away from my usual fantasy landscapes. I tried to concentrate on shadows and lights. I had this still life just siting around so it seemed like a good way to draw perspective. The patterning was fun and I liked adding detail in the table cloth.

1 comment:

  1. This piece is very strong. The perspective and shading really work to create the illusion of space. I would say the background detracts from the realness of it though. I would also suggest working in a new media toward the end of your breadth.

    ReplyDelete