Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

#11

I've had this idea for a while and I'm glad it turned out well. I loved to draw eyes and the reflection in the iris. The skyline of the city scape forms the exterior of the eye and the city scape in the pupil is 3-D. I used acrylic paint and water color. not sure about the background but I love the colors for the eye.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, great job on this one. I can see you had a very clear vision of how you wanted this. The contrast between the iris and the white eyeball makes this peice stand out from your others. You definitly took arisk by leaving the eyeball white, because in many of your other peices, color has been your main strength. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah! i love this piece, it is so interesting and bold for you!! Ive always admired the thought and feeling that you put behind your pieces and this one really demonstrates that, the only thing i would change is possibly putting in a little bit more of a background color or making it a little darker and more realistic...but overall great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Hanna said, the background needs a little work, but other than that, it's a beautiful piece! The iris is deinitely the most interesting and complete part to this piece. It's a great idea and I'm glad it was successful for you :). Great color scheme as well!

    ReplyDelete