Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

breath#3

Done completely in pastel, this was finished in one afternoon. The contrast in this piece is nice, though I am not a fan of pink it still has its moments. There are blue highlights on each pedal and purple shading for the darkest areas. This drawing is set as the background on my phone.

1 comment:

  1. I like the shading and values of pink you included in this piece. It defines the flower petals well and almost makes this piece abstract. I like the hints of blue you added and that could even be emphasized more for greater contrast.

    ReplyDelete