Starving Artist

My photo
I'm a senior in highschool with an unhealthy love for illustration and comic books. My ispiration comes from surrealism, but lately my interests in psychology and art therapy have been a raging force in the subject matter of my work.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

concentration 7


Ok the top blue butterfly somw how fell off and ended up on sargentas wheel painting!(go check it out) any way i with the butterflies i wanted to craete a gradation of size rather than color to give this sense their coming off the page. some how I need to draken the back ground because it doesn't really stand out that well. Hopefuly I test new perspectives in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I think that this piece is interesting but it seems like you are repeating a lot. I mean that even though I like your butterflys, I think that you make too many of them. I do like this picture with the butterflys because it goes well with what you are trying to show but next time, lay low with the butterflys. You did well though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - nice work. Your illustration style shows improvement in this piece and your vision is communicated clearly. I would recommend that you work back into the artwork slightly to redraw and define edges. But, overall, this is nicely done!

    ReplyDelete